Georgetown of St. Louis
Georgetown of St. Louis Statement of Rental Requirements
A completed application, security deposit & application fees must be submitted to our office in order to reserve your future home.
We want to make your application process as convenient as possible. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the following information and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of our leasing or management staff at: (314) 962-9578.
We practice non-discrimination on the basis of color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation, and national origin. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws.
Persons choosing to enter into the lease agreement must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. All persons at least eighteen (18) years of age must qualify for an apartment on their own criteria or with a roommate, unless they are a legal dependent of another applicant. All occupants eighteen (18) and over must be listed on the lease agreement.
As of September 1, 2014 all first time Lessee(s) and current Lessee(s) moving to a new unit are required to maintain renter’s insurance. You must provide a copy of your policy on or prior to your move in date or keys will not be issued. No exceptions.
Flexible lease terms may be offered. Leases shorter than 12 months are subject to a monthly premium. Current rental rates and concessions are subject to change at any time.
Per the City of Shrewsbury, there are a maximum number of residents that may occupy an apartment.
|Apartment Size||Maximum Number of Occupants|
|One Bedroom||Two (2) occupants|
|Two Bedroom||Four (4) occupants|
|Three Bedroom||Six (6) occupants|
Notice to Vacate
Residents vacating their apartment on or after their lease ending date must give a sixty-(60) day written notice to vacate. Once a resident gives their notice to vacate indicating they are moving out on their lease expiration date, that apartment is available to offer to new prospects. The availability of apartment(s) can change frequently depending on when we receive notices to vacate.
We consistently evaluate every apartment application in the same manner. In order to apply for an apartment, a rental application, a non-refundable $35 application fee per person and the required security deposit must be received. To qualify for an apartment at Georgetown of St. Louis the following criteria is taken into consideration:
- Income: Gross monthly income must be at least three times the monthly rent. A Verification of Employment Form must be completed and signed by the current employer. At least one year of employment history will be verified. Tax returns or pay stubs may be required if a relative is the employer or the applicant is self employed or retired. A guarantor can be authorized if the original applicant’s income does not qualify. The guarantor must pass the same application and screening process as the applicant, except that we will deduct the guarantor’s own housing costs before applying his or her income to our income requirements for the original applicant. More financial information may be required to approve corporate leases. We will verify all sources of income.
- Rental History: Current and previous landlord(s) will be contacted to verify tenancy, timeliness of rental payments, and other tenancy related issues. We will check for evictions and recorded landlord complaints. The verification must also confirm that the applicant is a leaseholder. We require a minimum of one (1) year of rental history. The applicant’s landlord reference must be favorable. A relative’s verification is unacceptable.
- Credit History: A credit history evaluation will be made taking into account payment history, total outstanding balances, and other information supplied on the credit report. If an applicant does not have a social security number then a credit report cannot be run and a higher security deposit will be required if the application is accepted. An application that has declared bankruptcy in the past two years will be rejected. Bankruptcies that occurred longer than two years may require a higher deposit if approved.
- Criminal Background Check: A criminal background check will also be completed during the application process.
- Security Deposit: The security deposit is subject to change based on the verification of the above noted criteria. In the event that the above criteria are not met, Georgetown of St. Louis reserves the right to decline an application.
Pets are taken at the discretion of management (2 pet limit) and with written approval. Georgetown has breed restrictions, please ask your leasing consultant which breeds are acceptable. Georgetown allows maximum of 100 pounds (at mature weight) per pet. All pets require a $100 deposit + $200 non-refundable pet administration fee ($300 total). A monthly pet fee of $20 is required and a current vet statement. All deposits and fees are per pet. Visiting pets are not excluded from this policy.
Professionally Managed by Malkin Properties (updated as of 8/9/16)
- Katie Scott
- Property Manager
p: (314) 962-9578
f: (314) 962-7094