Glen Oaks Commons
Glen Oaks Commons Statement of Rental Requirements
A completed application, security deposit & application fees must be submitted to our office in order to reserve your future home.
We want to make your application process as convenient as possible. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the following information and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of our leasing or management staff at: (847) 298-4880.
A fee equal to half of a month's rent is required in order to hold an apartment and will be applied to the security deposit. The holding fee is non-refundable after 72 hours from submittal of application, unless the application is rejected. The normal security deposit is one full month; however the deposit is subject to change based on the below application process. The balance of the security deposit must be paid within 72 hours of the application being approved. This will insure that your apartment is not available to any other applicant. All deposits must be paid by guaranteed funds (cashier's check, certified check, money order or Visa/MasterCard).
A non-refundable $35 application fee is required for each person over the age of 18.
First Month' Rent
The first month's rent will be prorated from the lease starting date through the end of the month and will be due at the time of move-in. This payment must be paid in the form of guaranteed funds (cashier's check, certified check, or money order).
Carpet Cleaning Fee
A cleaning fee will automatically be deducted from the security deposit amount once the apartment is vacated. The charges are as follows:
- 1 Bedroom: $80.00
- 2 Bedroom: $90.00
- 3 Bedroom: $100.00
We consistently evaluate every apartment application in the same manner. To qualify for an apartment at Glen Oaks Commons, the following criteria is taken into consideration:
- Income: Gross monthly income must be at least three times the monthly rent. A Verification of Employment Form must be completed and signed by the current employer. At least two years of employment history will be verified. Tax returns or pay stubs may be required if a relative is the employer or the applicant is self employed or retired. A Guarantor can be authorized if the original applicant's income does not qualify. The guarantor must pass the same application and screening process as the applicant, except that we will deduct the guarantor's own housing costs before applying his or her income to our income requirements for the original applicant. The guarantor must also have a perfect credit rating. A guarantor will not be authorized if the original applicant has severe credit flaws. More financial information may be required to approve corporate leases. We will verify all sources of income.
- Rental History: Current and previous landlord(s) will be contacted to verify tenancy; timeliness of rental payments and other tenancy related issues. We will check for evictions and recorded landlord complaints. The verification must also confirm that the applicant is a leaseholder. We require a minimum of one (1) year of rental history. The applicant's landlord reference must be favorable. A relative's verification is unacceptable.
- Credit History: A credit history evaluation will be made taking into account payment history, total outstanding balances, and other information supplied on the credit report. If an applicant does not have a social security number then a credit report cannot be run and a higher security deposit will be required if the application is accepted. An application that has declared bankruptcy in the past two years will be rejected. Bankruptcies that occurred longer than two years may require a higher deposit if approved.
- Criminal Background Check: A criminal background check will also be completed during the application process.
- Security Deposit: The security deposit is subject to change based on the verification of the above noted criteria. In the event that the above criteria are not met, Glen Oaks Commons reserves the right to decline an application.
Cats and Dogs allowed with a two pet limit. Neutered, declawed cats are welcome. Dog breed restrictions apply with a 100 lb. weight limit. A non-refundable pet fee of $300 is required and a $25 per pet rent fee will be charged. We abide by A.D.A. regulations by allowing service animals, with proper documentation.
We practice non-discrimination on the basis of color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation, and national origin. We also comply with all state and local housing laws.
Persons choosing to enter into the lease agreement must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. All persons at least eighteen (18) must qualify for an apartment on their own criteria, unless they are a legal dependant of another applicant. All occupants eighteen (18) and over must be listed on the lease agreement.
Flexible lease terms may be offered. Current rental rates and concessions are subject to change at any time.
To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we restrict the number of people who may reside in an apartment.
One Bedroom Apartments—Two (2) occupants maximum
Two Bedroom Apartments—Four (4) occupants maximum
Three Bedroom Apartment—Six (6) occupants maximum
Notice to Vacate
Residents vacating their apartment on or after their lease ending date must give a sixty (60) day written notice to vacate. Once a resident gives their notice to vacate indicating they are moving out on their lease expiration date, that apartment is available to offer to new prospects. The availability of apartment(s) can change frequently depending on when we receive notices to vacate.
- Melissa Beck
- Property Manager
p: (847) 298-4880
f: (847) 298-2044