River Oaks Statement of Rental Requirements
A completed application, security deposit & application fees must be submitted to our office in order to reserve your future home.
We want to make your application process as convenient as possible. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the following information and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of our leasing or management staff at: (248) 373-4488.
We practice non-discrimination on the basis of color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation and national origin. We also comply with all state and local housing laws.
Persons choosing to enter into the lease agreement must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. All persons at least eighteen (18) must qualify for an apartment on their own criteria, unless they are a legal dependant of another applicant. All occupants eighteen (18) and over must be listed on the lease agreement as a leaseholder.
At the time of lease signing, we require a copy of a photo ID for verification. If you do not have a valid US driver’s license, we will also accept a copy of a passport, Visa, military ID or State ID.
Flexible lease terms may be offered. Current rental rates and concessions are subject to change at any time.
Renter's Insurance Occupancy
A copy of your renter’s insurance policy must be presented prior to obtaining possession of the apartment.
|Apartment Size||Maximum Number of Occupants|
|One Bedroom||Two (2) occupants|
|Two Bedroom||Four (4) occupants|
|Two Bedroom Townhome||Five (5) occupants|
|Three Bedroom Townhome||Six (6) occupants|
Notice to Vacate
Residents vacating their apartment on or after their lease ending date must give a thirty (30) day written notice to vacate. Once a resident gives their notice to vacate indicating they are moving out on their lease expiration date, that apartment is available to offer to new prospects. The availability of apartments can change frequently, depending on when we receive notices to vacate.
We consistently evaluate every apartment application in the same manner. A completed application form together with a $40.00 non-refundable application fee per person over eighteen (18) years of age that is not a legal dependent of another applicant is required. We also require a one time non-refundable administrative fee of $100. Both the application and administrative fees must be paid before we can begin the application process.
- Income: Gross monthly income must be at least three times the monthly rent. A Verification of Employment Form must be completed and signed by the current employer. At least two years of employment history will be verified. Tax returns or pay stubs may be required if a relative is the employer or the applicant is self employed or retired. A guarantor must pass the same application and screening process as the applicant, except that we will deduct the guarantor's own housing costs before applying his or her income to our income requirements for the original applicant. The guarantor must also have a favorable credit rating. A guarantor will not be authorized if the original applicant has severe credit flaws and/or a poor landlord history. More financial information may be required to approve corporate leases. We will verify all sources of income.
- Rental History: Current and previous landlords will be contacted to verify tenancy, timeliness of rental payments, and other tenancy related issues. We will check for evictions and recorded landlord complaints. The verification must also confirm that the applicant is a leaseholder. We require a minimum of one (1) year of rental history. The applicant's landlord reference must be favorable. A relative's verification is unacceptable.
- Credit History: A credit history evaluation will be made taking into account payment history, total outstanding balances, and other information supplied on the credit report. If an applicant does not have a social security number, one and one-half months (1.5) security deposit will be required If the application is accepted. An application that has declared bankruptcy in the past two years will be rejected. Bankruptcies that occurred longer than two years ago may require a higher security deposit if approved.
- Criminal Background Check: A criminal background check will also be completed during the application process.
- Security Deposit: The security deposit is subject to change based on the verification of the above noted criteria. In the event that the above criteria are not met, River Oaks reserves the right to decline an application.
- Pet Policy: Neutered, declawed cats are welcome with a cat fee of $200 per cat which is non-refundable. Cat rent is an additional $15 per month per cat. Dogs are welcome in select apartments/buildings and only with management’s prior written approval. A non-refundable dog fee of $200 is required per dog and pet rent is $30 per month per dog. All pets must have prior written consent.
Professionally Managed by Malkin Properties (updated as of 11/04/14)
- Tracey Zeleznik
- Property Manager
p: (248) 370-0500
f: (248) 373-4681